Engineering Facilities Management (EFM)
Logistex’s Engineering Facilities Management provides on-site expertise to maintain and support the client’s warehouse automation system and optionally the site facilities. But Logistex’s EFM is much more than just that.
EFM – It’s about Strategy, Technology and Culture
Logistex reduces your warehouse and distribution costs. With our proactive approach to warehouse automation systems maintenance we optimise your operation, dramatically lowering your maintenance costs and, in turn, your distribution costs. We do this through our energised work force armed with new technology and leadership. Working to defined metrics, we constantly track them to achieve your financial goals. Using continual improvement techniques such as Lean maintenance we drive up productivity. So our clients benefit from lower costs as well as being able to focus on their core business. A win-win all round.
Clients outsource for two main reasons; to save money and to focus on their core business. Logistex’s EFM delivers both of these.
Saving money by reducing the “True Cost of Maintenance”
The ‘true cost of maintenance’ is more than the labour and materials used directly in the maintenance activity. There are hidden costs of maintenance which includes such things as: safety, the cost of downtime, avoidable energy costs, customer dissatisfaction costs, avoidable overtime, restricted throughputs, equipment life, quality costs and employee retention. These hidden costs all contribute to the ‘true cost of maintenance’. Therefore if the effectiveness of the maintenance operation is improved then it will have a direct impact on the actual financial performance of the client. It is for this reason that investing in effective maintenance really pays off. Logistex provide effective maintenance that will deliver the improvements based on experience, skills, attitude, established processes, professional capabilities and a strategic approach. All this is measured to provide visibility and to give demonstrable value. Logistex take direct responsibility for the on-site maintenance and support by providing a site based engineering team. This may be an existing but transformed team that has been transferred under TUPE to Logistex.
The diagram below shows how by investing in Logistex’s Engineering Facilities Management real value is delivered by reducing the hidden costs associated with the ‘true cost of maintenance’ of the current maintenance operation.
Allowing clients to focus on their core business
By delegating on-site equipment care to Logistex, clients are able to redeploy staff into other functions and free management to focus on their core business. While not easy to measure, clients appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing that operations vital to the success of the business are in the hands of a skilled, experienced team dedicated to maximising productivity and system uptime.
Logistex evaluate your needs by carrying out a Situational Analysis to determine what challenges exist and so design the support service to specifically meet those challenges.
The features of EFM
- A strategic approach
- Logistex Site Engineering Manager
- Residential on site engineering team
- Support of Automation and Facilities Services as required (e.g. conveyor maintenance and servicing, crane maintenance and servicing)
- Industry leading maintenance standards
- Shift patterns as required, 24×7 operation available
- Logistex team working alongside operations staff
- Maintenance, breakdown response as well as operational support
- Preventive and predictive maintenance techniques used
- Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Any manufacturers’ equipment supported
- Fully supported by the technical expertise and resources of Logistex
- 24/7 mission critical support
- Continual Improvement processes
- Operational metrics to report and control
- 5S standards
- Back up resources for holiday and sickness cover
- Solution Audits
- Self-measurement of the service we provide
The benefits of EFM
- Improved maintenance performance that delivers hidden cost savings to reduce the clients operation costs
- Cost effective maintenance solution
- Logistex take responsibility for the system uptime and maintenance
- Logistex fully manage the maintenance process
- Rapid on site response to system problems
- Minimised downtime and disruption to the site’s operation
- Escalation route to further technical expertise and resources
- Longer equipment life
Logistex can support complex automated systems including:
- Manual cranes
- Automated cranes
- Mini-load crane systems
- Sortation systems
- Conveying systems
- Picking systems
- Very Narrow Aisle (VNA)
- Fork Lift Trucks (FLT)
- Ancillary warehouse items
Logistex will also undertake and manage the sites facilities management aspects if you require. Why not let us carry out a no obligation situational analysis to see how you can benefit. Get in touch at ESS@logistex.com.